Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Van Persie Not scoring is eating away at me

The Holland and Arsenal striker Robin Van Persie lost his cool when the Dutch coach Bert Van Marwijk substituted him 10 minutes from the end of yesterdays match against Slovakia.

Holland were 2-1 when Van Persie was taken off, and the youngster immediately strode up to the manager and publicly remonstrated with him, but he admitted today that it was just through personal frustration at not scoring.

“I wanted to finish the game. I thought they would take risks in the last 10 minutes and I wanted to exploit that,” said Van Persie.

“I could see spaces opening up and I wanted to use them, so I was a bit shocked when I had to go off.”

“I am not scoring and that eats away at me, at every striker, I think,” he continued. “I’ve had a few small chances. I just want to score.

“I’m doing my absolute best, I can’t do more than that. I desperately want to score and give assists but it didn’t work out for me.”

His coach Bert Van Marwijk luckily didn’t take offence at the outburst: “I shook his hand and understood that he was disappointed, that’s not a bad thing. Everyone wants to play the whole game.” he said.


From justarsenal.com

No comments: