Monday, October 11, 2010

Schwarzer still eyeing Arsenal switch

Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer has not ruled out joining Arsenal at some point in the future.

Arsenal were on the verge of landing the Australian international over the summer but the deal never came off with Cottagers chief Mark Hughes desperate to keep the experienced star at the club.

However, the former Middlesbrough man has admitted a move to the Emirates in the new year could still be a possibility.

"Who knows, we will have to wait and see," he said.

"I'm very happy at Fulham. The supporters have been unbelievable and I've enjoyed every minute. It's been a very hectic two months or so and the fans have been great to me. I am enjoying my football again."

He added: "I think when you look at the opportunity that was in front of me, I don't think anyone can begrudge me exploring that opportunity.

"The club actually asked me if I was interested in exploring the opportunity, and I was. I'm not getting any younger, unfortunately, and you always want to better yourself."

From eatsleepsport.com

No comments: