Sunday, September 19, 2010

Marouane Chamakh ready to feature against Tottenham in the Carling Cup



Having dropped two points away at Sunderland by conceding a late equaliser, Arsenal will try to forget what happened at the Stadium of Light when they face Tottenham Hotspur in tomorrow’s Carling Cup game.

Throughout the years, manager Arsene Wenger has always used the competition to field a very young squad so as to understand who can be promoted with the regular squad as it was the case with 18-year old Jack Wilshere. But one already-established player who is looking forward to the game is Moroccan striker Marouane Chamakh who believes he can be an asset at White Hart Lane.

The 26-year was kept busy by the Gunners since his arrival by featuring in every single game played so far but speaking ahead of the clash he admitted how he is ready to be involved if Wenger opts to use him either from the start or as a substitute.

Chamakh explained how missing key players like Robin van Persie, Theo Walcott and Nicklas Bendtner up front and considering how big the game is, the Frenchman could decide to use some experience alongside the young generation, adding how he simply loves to play in big games.

He said:

I have spoken to the French players here like Gael Clichy and they told me that the atmosphere against Tottenham is hot, very hot – in fact they say it’s boiling!

And in the absence of the other players, if the coach wants me to play I will do so willingly.

I know the importance of the match against Tottenham. It is important for the players and for the supporters to win.

I do not know yet if I am playing but if I am picked I am happy to do so.

I understand that over the years the manager has picked young players for this competition but with the number of players we have injured maybe I will play.

The nearest we had to a derby game when I was at Bordeaux was against Toulouse. It was also a big atmosphere when we played against Marseille.

But they have told me that Arsenal and Tottenham is a huge game with a fantastic atmosphere. I love that kind of game.

From thegunninghawk.com

No comments: