Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Henri Lansbury happy for the fans: We put on a show for them



After an impressive loan-spell at Watford last season, Arsenal midfielder Henri Lansbury is determined to break into Arsene’s Wenger regular squad.

His formidable run and finish started a memorable night for the Gunners on Wednesday as they went on to beat North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur by four goals to one and according to the youngster, playing and scoring at White Hart Lane was simple a dream. Lansbury, 19, also revealed how his friends kept asking if he would start before the game as he believes hard work will be rewarded.

The youngster was already showing good signs in pre-season after featuring and scoring against Sturm Graz in Austria but a groin injury halted his development and also – according to reports – a possible loan spell to Swansea City.

But having put injury problems behind him, the Englishman was one of the best players for the Gunners in the first half against Tottenham as he explained how winning against Tottenham was special for the team but also for the fans.

After the game, Lansbury told the club’s official website:

It was obviously a big thing for me to start here tonight and to show what I can do. To come in against our rivals and score is a dream.

Coming here [and playing] is massive. I’ve had all my mates on the phone today saying ‘Are you starting? Are you starting?’

Obviously I’m pushing for a place every week, that’s why I want to be in the first team. I’ve just got to keep working hard in training and hopefully I’ll get my chance.

It was good to get on the score sheet and it was a great performance from our team. Coming into a London derby is a great experience. Seeing the tempo of how the first team play – I just want to get involved in that.

To come here and win is always a great time for the fans. We put on a show tonight for them.

From thegunninghawk.com

No comments: