Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Almunia not leaving and Bendtner unsure of return date

Acouple of snippets of news today regarding our illustrious Number One goalkeeper Manuel Almunia and our I’ll-be-best-in-world striker Nicklas Bendtner.

The first story seems to pour cold water on the ongoing rumours tha Arsene Wenger is going to sell Almunia to make room for a replacement, as the Spanish stopper has no intention of leaving until his contract ends, in two years time!

“I don’t need to convince anybody, I just do my job.” said Amunia in the Telegraph. “I have a couple more years on my contract and that’s it, I’m an Arsenal player.”

But the paper still thinks that Wenger is trying hard to buy Fulham’s Mark Schwarzer, and says the club will have some news when Mark Hughes is finally unveiled as new manager in a few days. I doubt it myself…

Poor Nicklas Bendtner is still suffering from the groin injury that he (thinks) he sustained in the car crash before last Christmas. It has plagued him all through the summer, and it seems that it just refuses to get better.

He said yesterday: “It is a difficult injury and hard to say when I’ll be back, but hopefully I’ll be training as soon as possible. We haven’t set a date yet, we’re taking it easy.”

It’s bad news for the over-confident Dane, especially as Marouane Chamakh has looked impressive up front for Arsenal. As long as Van Persie and Chamakh stay fit, there is probably little chance of Bendtner getting a game anyway……

From justarsenal.com

No comments: