Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sol Campbell – I may still return to Arsenal next season

The 35 year-old defender Sol Campbell has admitted that he has had lots of offers on places to play next season, but he will finally decide between Arsenal or Celtic. It is believed that the Gunners have offered him a one-year contract whereas Celtic boss Neil Lennon has offered him two. He also stated that he won’t make a final decision until Wenger returns from South Africa and they have one more meeting.

Campbell told ESPN: “I don’t know yet where I will be playing my football next season. What I do know for certain is that I will be getting married this summer, then I am off on honeymoon, but I will be back on July 27 ready for pre-season training.

“I might still stay at Arsenal, but will need to talk with Arsene Wenger after the World Cup finals, and I have had an offer from Celtic, which I am giving serious consideration to.

“Other clubs have also been in touch after the level of my performances for Arsenal last season.”

Perhaps he wants to see if Wenger matches the offer from Celtic before making a decision…………


From justarsenal.com

No comments: