Friday, September 26, 2008

Gael Clichy - Davies challenge stupid


Arsenal defender Gael Clichy believes he is 'lucky' to be available for Saturday's game against Hull City after Kevin Davies' 'stupid challenge'.
Clichy was left with a bruised shin after he was caught by a lunge from Bolton Wanderers striker Davies in last weekend's 3-1 win at the Reebok Stadium.
The France full-back has recovered in time for the match with Hull, but believes Davies, who was booked for the tackle, should have been shown a red card.
He told club's official website: "I have seen it again many times. The only thing I can say is that it was a stupid challenge.
"I don't understand how people can say it's a good challenge.
Lucky
"I don't blame the referee, and it's difficult for referees - but we had a meeting at the start of the season with the referees and they were saying that bad challenges would be punished with a red card.
"He [Davies] got the ball of course, but to allow a player like this to carry on playing is really difficult."
Clichy added: "I couldn't move, the doctor could not touch it and we've lost a player [Eduardo] like this so that's on your mind.
"I've been really lucky on this challenge, I'm lucky to be here and to be playing on Saturday."

By James Dall

No comments: