Friday, September 5, 2008

Could Appiah be Arsenal experienced midfielder


The Fenerbahce midfielder, Stephen Appiah, who was made a free agent by Fenerbahce a few weeks ago, is reported to be close to agreeing to sign on at Arsenal team, after Arsene Wenger failed to find his necessary "experienced midfielder" during the transfer window.It seemed that the vastly experienced Ghana legend was going to move to West Ham, but Alan Curbishley's resignation yesterday has put the deal on the backburner.The Telegraph reports that talks are ongoing with Arsenal, and they say that Appiah welcomes Wenger's interest, but the player could only say: "There are contracts, there are talks – I can't say anything yet. I am not going to put people off, my agents are talking so I have nothing else to say." He also said: "My dream is to play in the Premier League and with the help of God, I will realise that dream." So maybe West Ham will lose out, but you can see Wenger's attraction for the deal. No transfer fee!

No comments: